Sunday, March 24, 2013

NLP - Happiness Is Closer Than You Think

If you're not feeling right or you think that you've lost your mojo then sound the trumpets, because I've got some great news for you! If you can't seem to generate the success you desire, you've got money challenges or you can't start or keep relationships, read on because I've found the answer to all of your problems (well
most of them I hope). It is certainly possible to completely change your thinking and so improve your life.

Just so you can get a perspective of where I'm coming from, I'm not devoid of problems myself. You see, about 15 years ago I had a serious poverty mentality. My parents were poor immigrants and money was a real problem in our family. Though my problems didn't stop there. I used to be a target to bullying and so I also developed anger issues, sadness issues, anxiety, numerous phobias which lead to depression, I was a wreck. I have since discovered that we all need a friend and when you don't serve the inner friend you go looking for one outside of you, to put inside of you. I found alcohol and drugs. While my situation was pretty crappy already, the drugs and alcohol made them much, much worse.

I needed a solution as I so wanted to start feeling 'normal', though in truth back then I couldn't tell you what normal was. I couldn't even tell you who I was!

"I felt like a big keg of dynamite and the fuse was getting shorter and shorter!"
I tried the traditional medical system without success. It just seemed that for every problem there was a pill. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti pharmaceuticals as I believe everyone has their place and use, it's just that I already had a whole lot going on in my mind and body and I didn't want to create any further chemical disruptions. My anger issues were getting worse and I felt like a big keg of dynamite and the fuse was getting shorter and shorter.
A good friend of mine suggested some alternate therapies and I tried many of them, far too many of them to list here. Nothing seemed to get me feeling 'normal'. Again I'm not pooh poohing alternate therapies either, as I believe they certainly have their place in our society too, they just didn't seem to get me on my feet. I then came across an article in PsychologyToday Magazine which said that "NLP is the most powerful vehicle for personal change in existence," that certainly got my attention. I read on and discovered that NLP stood for "Neuro Linguistic Programming". I had heard of it, but frankly, I didn't know much about it. It's amazing how when you're really committed to finding an answer, the right one soon arrives.
The answer came from a trusted friend who offered me a ticket to an NLP weekend and within just hours of hearing all about NLP and experiencing it live, I was gob-smacked by what you could do with NLP. I immediately signed up for all the trainings; "NLP Practitioner, Masters and Presenters training" - you've got to remember, I was desperate and this seemed like a positive way forward.
The decision was so right that not only did I move forward, I never looked back. In Practitioner training I learned how to actually speak to my mind so that I could alter the very programming that was causing my issues and giving me so much grief. I didn't realise that your brain only responds to 6 methods of communication and your language must be structured in a specific way to get great results.
I also learned that you can change your very beliefs that are at the core of unwanted behaviours and as a result you can change the outcomes. A very exciting moment for me was learning how to change how I viewed the past; it was like a massive weight was removed from my shoulders. Then another life changing shift occurred when I learned how to shift my values in my Masters training. This helped me to more than double my income. Mind you, the rapport training in Practitioner and changing (in essence) my operating system had a huge influence too. My relationships are much better these days, with others and myself. Anxiety, depression, sadness and anger issues are gone. I'm not saying I don't get a little low or angry from time to time, but these days I can manage my emotions and things don't seem to affect me as they once did.

I became so impassioned by NLP that I kept learning it until I ran out of training and my only option was to start teaching it. My life is like chalk and cheese these days and I'm so happy that I can help others by helping them to make a positive influence in their lives.

One disclaimer though. NLP is a set of very powerful tools and insights and you may hear of some negative publicity around it. Just as there are good teachers, there are also bad ones. In the wrong hands, these powerful tools can be used to manipulate so my suggestion to you, is find someone to teach you NLP that you get a sense that they've got a big heart and they really care about people and the future of the planet and its well being.

So if you're having some challenges take heart, there is a solution, give NLP a go. Trust your instincts and reinvigorate your faith in yourself because there is always an answer and a solution. I love what Neale Donald Walsch says when a problem arises, "What would love do now?" Follow your heart and you'll always find happiness somewhere on your journey. Just keep looking, it's closer than you think.

Rik Schnabel is the author of "The Secrets to Creating a Life Beyond Limits" and is an internationally recognised and nationally accredited Master NLP and Life Coach Trainer.

Discover how our NLP and Life Coach Training Programs can help you to achieve whatever you set your mindset to - Visit: http://www.lifebeyondlimits.com.au


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons